Salt Group Situation Report No. 23
1. Current stock held by local authorities, trunk road operating companies and in strategic reserve is 331,000. (Total salt usage in the severe winter of 2010/11 - 645,000 tonnes)
2. Salt on order by local authorities and trunk road operating companies is 88,000 tonnes.
3. Salt being pursued/on order for strategic reserve is 0 tonnes.
4. Total for salt in stock and on order is 419,000 tonnes.
5. Total salt usage to date is 675,000 tonnes (salt used in last week is 8,000 tonnes).(This compares with Salt usage to
26th March last winter of 645,000 tonnes and Salt usage of 418,000 tonnes in the winter of 2010/11 – see graph)
6. Salt deliveries in the last week 33,000 tonnes
7. National Strategic Salt Stock totalling 92,000 tonnes is currently in stock at various depots throughout Scotland.
8. Next Salt Group Situation Report – Tuesday, 7 May 2013.