By promoting and investing in green travel initiatives, Transport Scotland is advancing our nation’s economy and wellbeing.
Ways to travel more actively and sustainably include:
- cycling or walking
- using public transport
- changing travel behaviour
- driving more efficiently and following the guidelines for eco-driving
- swapping your old car for a low carbon vehicle
- using alternative fuels
There are many benefits for you if you choose greener modes of travel, including:
- saving money
- increasing the amount of physical activity you take each week
- improving your physical and mental health and well-being
- reducing the amount of pollution generated at a local level
- cutting down on congestion.
All of these help us as a nation to reduce our carbon and greenhouse gas emissions and will often help you save money.
You may also wish to find out more about:
- how transport affects climate change and what we can do together to change this
- other projects the government is funding
Please contact Transport Scotland’s sustainable transport team directly if you would like more information.