News: Scotland braced for severe winds 4 December 2013
Getting ready for winter
Are you ready for winter? This section features extra advice on preparing for and dealing with the effects of severe winter weather.
- See weather, traffic and operator info at a glance on
our travel dashboard
- Follow the guidelines for safe winter driving
- Download the smartphone app
- Read about extra maintenance on trunk roads during winter
- See guidance on police messages and traffic diversions
- Learn how to prepare for travelling during winter weather
- Find out why planning your journey is important
- Remember the winter toolkit to keep with you
More winter resources
Traffic Scotland provide up to date information on Scotland's motorway and trunk road network, while information for local roads is provided by the relevant Local Authority.
Launching this year's Ready for Winter campaign, Minister for Transport and Veterans, Keith Brown, said: “While we can’t stop the weather causing disruption, we can be well prepared to deal with it. Our winter preparedness campaign reminds us of this and the simple actions we can all take to prepare ourselves."
The Ready Scotland website features more details on preparing for and dealing with emergencies.